Thursday, April 5, 2018

My First Marketing Post

Topic 1:
I love psychology and learning how people think and I believe marketing has a lot to do with psychology.

Yes, I am a business major. As of right now, I am planning on specializing in management.

I would love to learn about how people make decisions and what prompts the decision even when they think they are making their own decision.

Outside of college, I enjoy showing my cattle and goats.

Topic 2:
I am interested in this article because it is essential for consumers to be aware of what they are buying and how the company will respond in the instance of a mistake.
After Grace Goldstein bought and opened her brand new bag of kale from Trader Joe's, to her surprise, she found a "dead lizard nestled among the leafy greens." After posting the picture on Instagram and Twitter, she reached out to Trader Joes. Mashable stated "the chain is investigating, but there have been no further updates."
The value proposition of the company is tarnished in this case, especially the fact that Trader Joe's has done nothing in regards of compensation and thus damaging their reputation of good customer service. The primary marketing that is explored in this situation is crisis management and the poor job done by Trader Joe's. In order for the company to overcome this mistake, they should begin by publicly apologizing and fixing the mistake instead of simply "ignoring" it as represented thus far. 
On the flip side, this incident is unique and could be good for the company if they handled the situation smoothly. For instance, they could offer a reimbursement and a gift card to their store. What Trader Joe's has done thus far is not respond to the incident which is not appropriate and disrespectful to its customers. If I were the brand manager, I would simply publish an apology to Goldstein and fellow shoppers  at Trader Joe's. In addition, I would offer a reimbursement of some kind to Goldstein.
From this assignment, I learned that even big companies such as Trader Joe's can make mistakes and not handle them well in terms of customer service.

Article: https://mashable.com/2018/04/05/trader-joes-kale-lizard/?utm_cid=hp-r-1#xsxxg_s7nmqn

Trader Joe's: https://www.traderjoes.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment